We are a local, alternative economy that builds relationships and strengthens community ties. We provide a hub to connect local folks with needed services and neighborly assistance.
(h)OUR Economy is an economy of friends – those we've met and those we haven't yet. Instead of money, we exchange time.
We believe that everyone in our community has something valuable to give, with unique skills and talents. Participants earn "hour credits" for time spent helping neighbors, improving the community, and building a stronger & more connected local economy. They can then spend these credits on services as diverse as the participants from their community, and the cycle of giving continues.
- Read more about the philosophy, format, and frequently asked questions of (h)OUR Economy on our local website.
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
- If you use Facebook, you can sign up for our members forum.
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive. If you can no longer provide a service, just communicate that clearly.
- Meet with your neighbor to exchange the service – from massages to web design, accounting to cooking classes.
- Once completed, record the exchange in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing. The more we give, the more we receive.